« Home | Guys' Rules » | Book Review: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince » | Useful links » | Extreme Makeover » | Tag » | What's playing on your CD player? » | Weird Facts » | The Street Called Straight, Damascus » | Haven't posted in quite a while now. I was sufferi... » | A Vision of the Future » 

Friday, November 11, 2005

From Houston, TX...



Ah… I’m finally on vacation! I’ve been here for 1 week and am having a good time with my family here. I must say Houston isn’t a picturesque city but good company, shopping malls and fine restaurants make up for it’s lack of nice scenery( well at least it does for me!)

Having a sweet tooth I naturally headed to a candy store as soon as I could and what better place to go other than Dylan’s Candy Bar! The store is located in the Galleria Mall (the 4th largest mall in the U.S) and I happened to read recently that it’s owned by Dylan Lauren, Ralph Lauren’s daughter. There are 2 other branches in Orlando and on Long Island.


Dylan's Candy Bar 1


Although you can find most of the types of candy they have at any regular supermarket, it’s the way they display and present the candy that makes it look like something out of Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory. Here are some photos I took (unfortunately I couldn’t take any inside the store):

Candy
Digg in!

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Enjoy your vacation :)

That's fabulous! Update with more pics and try to stop by Dallas if you can:) Have a wonderful and safe trip, Dina!hugz


mmmm you're enoying you time then !
have delicous times there ...
TC

yummmmmmy...
I hope you have a good time Dina..and you'll get to watch the new Harry Potter movie on time..hehe..

that store is gold!
4th largest in the US eh! go easy on the shopping Dina ;)

Thanks guys :)

I'm drooling.....

have a great time.. ;)

I have GOT to get to a DCB!

Brian
http://candyaddict.com

Hope you will have more good time dina....
but since i'm not a sweet-tooth , looking at those colorful multifunctional candies gave me a head ache

Hey, Dina,

It it looks really good, I hope ur havong a great time there. Take care of urself.

Zena, Yazan and Iyad: Thanks you guys :)

Add a comment

 

    About me

    • I'm Dina
    • From Damascus, Syria
    My profile

    PhotoBlog

      www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Dina82. Make your own badge here.

    Syrian Blogs

      • Read what Syrian Bloggers across the globe have to say on Syria Planet

    Other

    A Proudly Syrian Blog

      Ads

      Damascus Time